There's nothing left to be done, and not much to go on by way of concrete results. One seat returned, and an exit poll (which I hope is wrong).
We're in for a gripping election night!
There have actually been reports of many people being unable to vote, as polling stations were overwhelmed by latecomers, so I wonder if (in the case of a hung parliament) there will be a re-polling. Certainly a good case for it.
I just really hope David Cameron is not our new Prime Minister.
ETA: Fiona Bruce, why so cheery at the prospect of a hung parliament?! /bizarre
We're in for a gripping election night!
There have actually been reports of many people being unable to vote, as polling stations were overwhelmed by latecomers, so I wonder if (in the case of a hung parliament) there will be a re-polling. Certainly a good case for it.
I just really hope David Cameron is not our new Prime Minister.
ETA: Fiona Bruce, why so cheery at the prospect of a hung parliament?! /bizarre
(no subject)
Date: 2010-05-06 10:51 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2010-05-06 11:01 pm (UTC)At the moment, only three seats have declared - most are still being counted, so you haven't missed much - just lots of people discussing exit polls and potential results!
(no subject)
Date: 2010-05-06 11:15 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2010-05-06 11:25 pm (UTC)The issue I have with the Conservatives is that they talk about fairness and tax cuts, but in practice (and in their manifesto) these are given to the richest people. The most vulnerable in society always lose. I don't trust them to make the big cuts (that are needed, admittedly) in a responsible and fair way, basically...
I'm curious - what has the coverage been like (has there been any?) over in the US?
(no subject)
Date: 2010-05-06 11:59 pm (UTC)Although we know little about the issues, Craig and I love to watch your PM take questions from the Parliament. I think it's great that he has to come in and answer questions and get answered right back, with the booing and cheering and arguing. It's such a step out of the pomp and circumstance so it seems strange and appealing to us.
(no subject)
Date: 2010-05-07 01:03 am (UTC)I think it's going to be a complicated result; whoever wins, there won't be a clear mandate - even in the event that the Conservatives win, it will be a very small majority... I think the feeling that people want change hasn't (as the Conservatives clearly hoped) translated to big gains for them.
Interesting to hear about the perception of Gordon Brown... He's far less media-savvy, so I'm not surprised he has a lower profile overseas... Tony Blair was a master showman, and a more presidential sort of PM...
(no subject)
Date: 2010-05-07 06:05 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2010-05-08 01:00 pm (UTC)If not a long weekend... I just hope something positive comes of all the confusion! Electoral reform, perhaps.